Always A Smile Dental Performs Dental Crown Procedures
If you need a dental crown in Grand Rapids, MI, depend on the oral healthcare professionals at Always A Smile Dental. Led by Dr. Ronald M. Olszewski, our team offers compassionate, friendly dental care for patients of all ages. This care includes dental crown procedures to help shape, size, and strengthen our patients’ teeth. We see individuals at our office with varying degrees of oral health, but we are committed to handling all their needs in one location. Patients who have a weak or broken tooth can benefit greatly from dental crowns. A crown is a cap that we can place over a tooth for restorative purposes, helping improve function as well as appearance. If you have a worn-down, decaying, or misshapen tooth, ask our professionals about dental crowns today.
Overview of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are prosthetic tooth restorations that we can place on damaged teeth to return them to their original shape and size. A crown fully encases the area of a damaged tooth that emerges above the gum line. A dental crown is customized to each tooth for a proper fit and may comprise a variety of different materials, such as ceramics, gold, resin, porcelain, and metal. Once affixed to a broken or weakened tooth, crowns serve as useful solutions that help wearers speak clearly and chew properly while also restoring confidence in their smiles.
Why Patients Receive Dental Crowns
There is an abundance of reasons why an individual may use a dental crown. Always A Smile Dental can evaluate your oral health and make recommendations regarding the procedure for you. Dental crowns can:
- Protect weak teeth from breaking
- Hold together portions of a cracked tooth
- Restore a fractured tooth or one that has been significantly worn down
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover misshaped or discolored teeth
- Cover dental implants
Understanding the Dental Crown Procedure
Always A Smile Dental expertly performs dental crown procedures at our clinic in Grand Rapids, MI. There are multiple ways to complete this process, but we will outline them for you ahead of time and make suggestions about which may work best for you.
- Multi-Day Procedure – For a traditional dental crown, you will have to visit our office twice. This approach ensures optimal results and comfort. During your initial visit, we will examine and prepare the tooth that needs a crown. This process may involve x-rays as well as taking a mold for accuracy. We will then file and remove the outer layer of your tooth before making another impression of it and its surrounding teeth. You will then receive a temporary crown to protect the tooth between visits. In the meantime, our dental lab will make a crown. Once it is ready, which may be after several weeks, we will cement it to your tooth.
- Same-Day Procedure – A same-day procedure eliminates wait time and the temporary crown. We can use digital images of your mouth to create the crown in a process that only takes one to two hours to complete. As soon as it is ready, we can cement it in place so that you can proudly grin from ear to ear.
Dental Crowns Have Myriad Health Benefits
Patients who have weakened, worn-down, or lose teeth experience problems speaking and chewing, as well as confidence issues related to their appearance. Dental crowns are a convenient solution for all three concerns. They restore shape, strength, functionality, and appearance with only a simple procedure. After receiving a dental crown from Always A Smile Dental, individuals can chew foods without risking further damage because the crown will protect the vulnerable areas of their teeth. This protection also helps maintain facial and jaw structure because it fills a gap that would otherwise create migration problems for other teeth. These benefits will typically last from five to 15 years, depending on wear and tear. Be sure to ask our experts how to care for your dental crown properly.
Why You Should Trust Always A Smile Dental for Crowns
Dental crowns are wonderful tooth restoration solutions, but they are only effective if applied correctly. Always A Smile Dental has more than 25 years of experience in the dentistry industry, and we have developed a reputation for high-quality dental services over that time. In addition to exceptional dental work, we provide a compassionate, friendly environment to ensure your comfort during every stage of the process. If you need dental crowns to restore an unhealthy or discolored tooth, contact our clinic in Grand Rapids, MI today.
Why Choose Us
- Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff
- Accepts Most Insurance
- All Your Dental Needs In One Office
- Denture Lab On Site