General Dentistry in Grand Rapids, MI
If you are seeking teeth cleaning, x-rays, screenings, and other preventive care treatments, the dentist office of Always a Smile can help! Ronald M. Olszewski, DDS can offer the dedicated attention and state-of-the-art tools that your smile needs to stay healthy in any stage of life.
Preventive Care for a Healthier Smile
When you invest in regular preventive care with teeth cleanings and oral checkups, you might avoid more serious dental problems down the road, such as tooth decay and periodontal disease. Your dentist can also guide you toward treatments that will extend the life of your smile and enhance your natural beauty. These might include invisible orthodontics, crowns, or tooth whitening procedures. Our dental practice offers all of these services and more so that you have a complete continuum of care available under one roof.
General Dentistry Services in Grand Rapids
You will probably see your dentist most often for teeth cleanings and routine oral checkups, which will help you maintain a sparkling, healthy smile. Below, you can see what treatments to expect during these visits, which will lay the foundation for your oral care routine at home.
- Cleanings – Professional cleanings help keep hard-to-reach areas of the mouth free from plaque and tartar, which can cause decay when left untreated. The hygienist will use special tools to reach between the teeth and along the gumline where plaque and tartar may hide. Then, the teeth will be polished and treated with fluoride to ensure that they stay strong and healthy.
- Exams – Your cleanings will be scheduled every six months, and in most cases at every other cleaning the dentist will perform an exam to assess the health of your teeth and gums. During these exams, problems like tooth decay can be diagnosed early, which will facilitate less invasive and more cost-effective treatment.
- X-rays – X-rays are taken to look at the roots of the teeth and the jaw bone, since these areas are also susceptible to damage from advanced gum disease or decay on the surfaces of the teeth.
- Oral Cancer Screening – As the dentist examines the soft tissues of your mouth, he will look for signs of oral cancer, which is highly treatable when detected in early stages.
- Root Canal Treatment – Early detection of gum problems is always ideal. If you are experiencing dental pain and discomfort, you may require a root canal. Endodontics can prevent infection from spreading further.
Why Choose Us
- Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff
- Accepts Most Insurance
- All Your Dental Needs In One Office
- Denture Lab On Site