We at Always A Smile would like to extend our appreciation to our patients for their patience and understanding during this time. For six weeks, we operated with one doctor and two staff members, only seeing emergency appointments. We did this to make sure we did not contribute to the spread of the coronavirus and so that our staff could take care of their families early on.
As of May 29th, Always A Smile will move into the first phase of business as usual. We are taking many precautions to ensure your safety, including the installation of HEPA Air Filtration units, Reme Halo Air Purifiers, and we have upgraded our PPE to follow CDC guidelines. We continue to have impeccable sterilization methods and high standards in patient care. We are paying close attention to all the information that is coming in regarding coronavirus and will continue to adjust our services as needed.
What to expect when you arrive:
• Please do not come early to your appointment. We ask that patients come at their appointment time.
• Only the patient will be allowed back to the operatory. If you bring family members with you, we ask that they wait in the car.
• Please call our office when you arrive, we will advise you if you can enter the building.
• You will be texted a COVID questionnaire, if you have not received a text, we will run a questionnaire out to you
• When you enter the building, we will have you use hand sanitizer, and check your temperature.
• If you are high risk, the safest appointment time is in the morning.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in the care you receive at Always A Smile. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 616-949-1700. We are here to help, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
-Dr. Ronald M. Olszewski DDS & Staff